Habitat Conservation Plans


Private landowners, corporations, State or local governments, Tribes or other non-Federal landowners who are interested in conducting activities that might incidentally harm (or "take") endangered or threatened wildlife on their land are required to obtain an incidental take permit from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, to provide protection from violating the Endangered Species Act. To obtain a permit, the applicant needs to develop a Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP), designed to offset any harmful effects the proposed activity might have on the species. The HCP process allows development to proceed consistent with conserving listed species. This collection includes incidental take permits as well as the actual habitat conservation plans.

Search Scholars' Bank

Advanced Search


My Account


RSS Feeds